Friday 31 August 2012

Gaining Experience...

During my study leave break, I became involved in a local film project to create a short film about how cinema used to be.

I became part of a team of volunteers from Robert Kett Court, Robert Kett Infant School and Wymondham High School pupils among other volunteers from Creative Arts East itself to create the doumentary.

I was heavily involved in the behind camera work and I spent a lot of time teaching the children how to do stopmotion animation, creating plasticine and knitted figures and planning interviews with the residents of Robert Kett Court. I also helped the main organisers plan how to structure the film and we came up with the idea of the documentary encompassing the stopmotion animation that the children from Robert Kett Infant School had done and I think it works rather well.

We were lucky enough to have the short film shown at The Regal cinema in Wymondham in front of about 150 people and we were happy to hear people laughing and having a good time.


Being part of this documentary has given me a feel of how to create a short film and the amount of work you need to put in. However, I am not daunted by the task, but rather inspired and I think that doing a short film documentary would be a really interesting thing to do. I have one idea, but will have to check whether it would be allowed and whether it would be possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment