Monday 1 October 2012

Practicing Ancillary Tasks

After finishing shooting our recreation of Ewan Torrance's 'My Beast Friend', we thought that it would be a good idea to take some original stills to use on a practice poster. 

This would meant that we would get to practice the skills that we would need to complete the final ancilliary tasks after creating our short films. We took a lot of images from lots of different angles and luckily George was happy modelling for us as Fluff the cat. After importing the images, we rifled through them to find the one we preferred. I, personally, preferred this image:

  

So, I then set about creating a poster using this image as a base. The first thing I did was remove the dull grey background so that I just had the image of George as Fluff. then I desaturated the image of George a little and put it against a light peach background. I added text with some special effects like drop shadows and highlights, credits and a recommendation and the poster below was produced!



No comments:

Post a Comment