Thursday 28 February 2013

Film Poster

For my film poster, I used two images. one of which I took myself and the other from sxc.hu - a website offering free royalty free images on the condition that you adhere to their terms and conditions, which I have done.

Original images:

 This is the image from the royalty free image site. I really loved the colours from the image and the concert set up - it was perfect for my poster.
This is my original image. I knew that I wanted a simple hand making the 'rock and roll' hand gesture on my poster and so I took a few photos. Then I came up with the idea of having a hospital wrist band around the wrist to show the main character's medical struggle - or at least, to give some indication of it. A friend of my brothers had one which he let me borrow and so this was the image I used for my poster.

I used Adobe Photoshop CS5 to create the final poster, changing all the details on the hospital wristband, putting the images together, adding contrast and text and finally, a vignette. Here is the finished product:


No comments:

Post a Comment