Wednesday 12 September 2012

Evaluation questions

I think that it is important, when planning a project, to have the end in mind. 

I like to think about what I can do to meet aims and also how I will evaluate my work when it is finished. On the OCR website there is a specification for my A2 course outlining the evaluation questions that I shall have to answer after finishing my practical tasks. The four questions are:

~ In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?
To answer this question I will have to research similar products and compare them to the products I have created. I have already researched various individuals such as independant directors and film poster creators and found out a little about their individual style and how they don't conform to original styles and so that is something I can learn from and hopefully create my own individual style. Once finished however, I will have to research more short films, film posters and reviews to compare to my own.
~ How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?
In order to answer this question I will have to compare the styling of my film, review and poster to see if they work together as a set. In the future I want to work in the media industry so making a set of products that work together is really important for me to get right and in my evaluation I will be looking at this factor.
~ What have you learned from your audience feedback?
To answer this question I will firstly have to collect audience feedback about my three products and looking at both positive and negative aspects of the feedback. From the feedback I will hopefully then learn what I could have done better and learn from it for future projects.
~ How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?
In answering this question I will need to think about the technologies I used to create my products and see how heavily dependant (or not) I was on technology. I will also need to identify what technologies I have used to create my products but convey it in an interesting manner.

I want to answer these questions through a variety of mediums in order to make them easy to understand and interesting to either read or watch. I don't want to just do four blog posts to answer the questions as I think that it would be very boring and monotonous and that isn't the kind of opinion I like to give out about myself and my work. I like to be quirky and different and so I want to show this through the presentation of my evaluation questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment