Friday 28 September 2012

Short Film Recreation: Editing & Final Product

As soon as we had shot everything for the recreation of 'My Beast Friend', we immediately thought about editing.

Since we had filmed on the Sunday and our deadline was the following Friday, it was agreed that I would do the majority of the editing at I have Adobe Premiere Pro on my laptop but then bring my laptop into school to consult editing decisions with everyone else.


By Wednesday, I had a rough cut out together and I spent the next two days working closely, particularly with Lizzie, to perfect shot transitions, correct audio volumes of different shots, creating the title and the credits, fitting in the music and the foley sound (of which we only had time to do the doorbell. Had we had more time, we probably would have liked to re-do some of the audio from the footage). On Friday we made our last few changes and then we had done as much as we could in our two week deadline.

Here is our recreation of Ewan Torrance's 'My Beast Friend':

I think that, considering we only had two weeks to put this together (as well as not falling behind in other subjects) we have done a pretty good job. We acknowledge that it isn't perfect. There are a few eyeline mis-matches and the lighting isn't consistent throughout the video. Other than that though I am proud of what we had achieved and am very greatful particularly to George (who played 'Fluff'), Ryan (who played 'Ed') and Henry (who was our official photographer) who don't do Media Studies but gave up their free time to help us anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment