Thursday 20 September 2012

Short Film Recreation: The Script



MY BEAST FRIEND by EWAN TORRANCE

FADE IN:

ED BYRNE walks across the frame carrying a cardboard moving box.
FOUL-MOUTHED CAT, FLUFF, wears a tag, labelled ‘Please look after this cat free to good home.’

FLUFF
Please… please… please…
Ed, tell me what’s going on right now or I’m going to sick up all of yesterday’s tuna.
Oh no-
Ed stands up.
It’s that girl isn’t it? Amoeba.
You’re mad. She’s way out of your league.

ED
This has nothing to do with Amelia. I just want to sort my life out, you know. Get rid of some of the dead wood. So, I thought I’d take you to this great, fun place just for cats. Yeah – just until I finish tidying up.
It’s called… Pleasure Land.

Ed raises his eyebrows and waves his hands in an attempt to look enthusiastic.

CAT (humouring him)
Pleasure Land? Sweet.
Ed nods to spur him on.

But not before time.

And then walks off screen, Fluff watching him angrily.
The doorbell rings. AMELIA can be seen as she approaches the door, phone held to her ear.
AMELIA
I’m so sorry Ed, I know I’m super early! Oh my god -

Ed stares at Fluff anxiously. As Amelia notices the cat, she walks over to it.
Who’s this?

ED
That’s – er – Fluff.

Amelia pets Fluff, who now appears as an actual cat. She reads the label.

AMELA
‘Free to good home.’

Fluff becomes the man again. She tickles his chin, whilst he looks immensely happy with himself; shooting Ed a winning look.
Some monster actually abandoned this sweet little creature!

She picks up the cat, which then becomes the man again.

Well – Fluff, I guess that makes me your new mummy now.

FLUFF (to ED)
You lying Cu-


CREDITS ROLL

No comments:

Post a Comment